Investing in Leading Technology
We have invested in a web-based property management and accounting software from AppFolio so our experienced team can manage your properties with the highest level of service. Our software not only provides great benefits to our office but we are also able to share many of these benefits with you:
- Respond more quickly and offer excellent service to both owners and residents. At any time and from anywhere, we are able to securely access data about all properties. Sensitive records are safely stored in a state-of-the-art data center which is automatically and routinely backed up.
- Save time and paper by using email to send monthly owner statements. The statements are organized in a concise and easy to read format that details the performance of your property for the previous month. We can also post these monthly statements on a secure Owners Portal.
- Process and respond to maintenance requests more quickly. We can quickly resolve issues by accessing vendor information and using electronic work orders for more efficient communication. All records are stored for future access.
- Market your properties in more locations across the Internet, filling vacancies much faster. Our integrated system lets us professionally advertise your properties on our company website, Craigslist, and other Internet locations.
- Prospective residents can apply online with the click of a button.
- Online applications are integrated with all vacancy postings. This means we save lots of time and ultimately fill vacancies more quickly.
Service at a Glance
- We do the bookkeeping. Our computer systems keep complete, accurate records of every income and expense that affects your property.
- Convenient MOREHOUSE REALTY monthly statements simplify the job of tax preparation for you and your accountant.
- Originals of all invoices are mailed with statements and additional copies are held in our files.
- We can make the mortgage payment, HOA dues, insurance, and other service payments on your property for you.
- Thorough and comprehensive documentation is a key ingredient to good property management. It prevents confusion and gives everyone involved a clear understanding of what is expected. Written documentation is used to screen and lease, inspect and maintain the condition of your property. Pertinent financial information is also mailed to you.
- The MOREHOUSE REALTY contract defines our working relationship with property owners. It details the obligations and responsibilities of both parties.
- As a basis for general screening and the checking of rental references, every prospective tenant is required to complete a detailed Rental Application.
- Properties are carefully inspected with tenants and management at the time of rental. The appearance and physical condition, etc., are well documented and a Check-In Condition report is filed.
- In the event of non-payment or any other violation of our Lease Agreement, tenants are put on an official Notice to Vacate or asked to take immediate corrective action.
- MOREHOUSE REALTY prepares a Statement of Account to property owners every month. This record summarizes accounting transactions and accompanies payment checks.
- We provide qualified and reasonably priced personnel to properly perform maintenance tasks.
- We also closely control and supervise our maintenance work. We know what repairs should cost and how long they should take to complete.
- We protect the value of your investment by helping to maintain your property at current neighborhood standards.
- Our monthly management fee is payable when the rent payment is received. It is automatically deducted from your account at the time the rent payment is posted.
- Since one of our jobs is to keep your property occupied, there are no management fees charged as long as your property remains vacant.
Property InspectionsMOREHOUSE REALTY is obligated to help protect your property. Frequent drive-bys are made to see that the property exterior is well maintained and periodic interior inspections, as authorized by the tenant's lease agreement, are made by our management representatives. Where inconsistencies are noted, tenants are notified of necessary corrective action and the owner is advised.
- Your property is presented throughout the rental marketplace.
- As members of the local board of REALTORS and Multiple Listing Service, we share our vacancy listings with other members.
- MOREHOUSE REALTY is always aware of current market conditions and therefore we make every effort to rent your property at its highest value.
- Our computer system and digital camera files enable us to maintain an exhaustive list of all features that make your property desirable and special.
Rent CollectionRent is due on the first of each month. Late notices are sent at the appropriate intervals and removal proceedings are initiated if the tenant does not make immediate payment arrangements.
- We pride ourselves on the quality of tenants we have been able to attract. We want reliable and qualified tenants just as much as you do and MOREHOUSE REALTY tenant screening and lease procedures help to ensure this.
- A thorough credit check is made before any lease is signed. This process includes a credit history review with the credit bureau, employment verification, and a check of any eviction histories. MOREHOUSE REALTY also contacts all appropriate references, including past landlords.
- The use of proper legal forms, deposit forms and other legal documents is always an integral part of the way we work.
- We make every effort to keep vacancies to a minimum and re-lease a property as soon as possible.
- If a tenant does decide to move, the property must pass a thorough checkout inspection. The tenant will then be released from the Lease Agreement and the security deposit returned. This minimizes the preparation and turn-around time before your property is re-leased. A property condition report will not be made until the tenant has removed all furnishings and other personal belongings, and the tenant will not be permitted to re-enter the property once the property condition report is complete.
Altamonte Springs Area Information
Altamonte Springs is a suburban city in Seminole County in the State of Florida, which had a population of 41,496 at the 2010 census. Located in Seminole County, the city is in the northern suburbs of the Orlando–Kissimmee–Sanford Metropolitan Statistical Area, which the United States Census Bureau estimated had a population of 2,054,574 in 2008.Dr. Washington Kilmer of Cincinnati was the first to settle into the area around 1870 and named the area Altamont (minus the "e" from the present spelling). In 1882, the Altamonte Land, Hotel and Navigation Company gave the area its present name: Altamonte Springs. The company developed the core community along Altamonte Avenue (today's SR 436) between Maitland and Longwood Avenues (today's Ronald Reagan Boulevard) On November 11, 1920, the residents of Altamonte Springs voted 38 to 7 in favor or incorporation.^ "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.